Records are maintained by Concept2 here
Any new records are updated promptly on submission.
ROWfit and the IIRC race series adhere to Concept2 requirements.
Please note that these are ‘National Records’ based on nationality. Anyone can lay claim to a their national record no matter where it was rowed. A competitor that does not hold an Irish Passport or equivalent is not entitled to an Irish record even if achieved at the IIRC. These may be ‘Event Records’ – more to come on this.
[cro_button text=”Irish Records” link=”http://www.concept2.co.uk/indoor-rowers/racing/records/irish” color=”1″]
[cro_button text=”World Records” link=”http://www.concept2.co.uk/indoor-rowers/racing/records/world” color=”1″]
All World and national records must be:
- rowed on a Concept2 Indoor Rower on a level surface.
- single distance or timed pieces (no interval pieces).
- started from a non-moving flywheel.
All records (with the exception of 2000 metres, see below) must meet at least one of the following requirements:
- Verified with a verification code obtained for the piece from the PM3, PM4 or PM5.
- Rowed in public with witnesses present who can be reached for confirmation of the performance. “Public” is defined as a health club, fitness center, rowing club, indoor rowing race, trade show or regatta where Concept2 is present, school, university or special event in a public setting (for example, a fundraiser in a mall).
- Recorded on video. It must be one continuous video shot and include setting up the monitor, all the rowing and the monitor displaying your final results.
We do not accept any records rowed on a Dynamic Indoor Rower. Ultra-distance records may have the monitor set for an interval workout. For more information, see the Ultra-Distance Records section below.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have broken a record and met the requirements outlined on this page. Concept2 reserves the right not to accept a row as a record.
2000 Metre Requirements
All 2000 metre record-breaking times must be rowed at a Concept2 sanctioned indoor rowing event with witnesses present. In addition, all 2000 metre record-breaking times must be rowed on Concept2 Indoor Rowers without Slides.
In accordance with regulations from on water events and indoor rowing championships around the world, lightweights must be weighed in no earlier than two hours before their race. Records from lightweights weighed prior to two hours before their row will not be recognized.
- Lightweight Women: <= 135lbs (61.5kg)
- Heavyweight Women: > 135 lbs (61.6kg)
- Lightweight Men: <= 165lbs (75kg)
- Heavyweight Men: > 165lbs (75kg)