(This is last year’s information – we will endeavour to keep abreast of the guidelines and requirements (if any) for 2022 as soon as possible)
I’ll try to keep this brief:
- PIRC will go ahead on Saturday 20th November 2021 as planned.
- We are following the HSE & Governmental requirements (see below) as laid out for 22nd October 2021. These are like the requirements for regattas that your athletes are already used to.
- Please bear with us and we will have a safe successful event.
If you choose to enter or attend, there are some COVID-19 related restrictions in place so here’s the plan:
- If you are over 18 and wish to attend, you must be prepared to show and have scanned your COVID-19 vaccination certificate (or proof of recovery within the previous six months)
- Children under 18 who are attending with an adult do not need proof of vaccination or recovery.
- People under 18 who are alone must be prepared to show vaccination certs or proof of immunity. (We request that nobody under 18 attend our events without adult supervision)
- The Event Rules, Terms & Conditions are available here
- Masks must be worn by everyone who is not warming up/racing/recovering from racing.
- Individual Entries:
- Entries may not be made on the day: ENTER here
- On arrival, please queue for access to the Registration area. (Bring a jacket). We will scan your cert and provide you with a Tyvek wristband for ease of access thereafter.
- After receiving your wristband, you may proceed to the registration desk and join the socially distanced queue to pick up your Start Card(s).
- Group Entries:
- A group entry may be submitted using the Group Entry Form downloadable here; The group must nominate a Coordinator who will act as their Covid Officer & Contact
- Each individual to be provided with the Rowing Ireland Individual Return to Sport Declaration Form (Covid 1 form)
- After they have been completed and returned to the Coordinator; The Coordinator will complete a Rowing Ireland Club Return To Sport Declaration form (Covid 2 form)
- To ease processing on arrival the Coordinator (or nominee) should arrive at the entrance 30 mins before their group, get their Cert Checked and present the Covid 2 form for the group to Registration. They will receive the Team Pack containing the Time/Start Cards for everyone on the Group Entry along with the Tyvek wristbands which on wearing show vaccination & guideline compliance by the group. The Group may not enter until they have their wristbands or Vaccination Cert checked.
- Our Safety Plan is available here: https://www.iirc.ie/safety-plan/
- Please observe the social distancing which we have all learned and practiced over the last 18 months.
Thanks for your cooperation,
Ref 1: https://www.gov.ie/en/press-release/7894b-post-cabinet-statement-resilience-and-recovery-the-path-ahead/#organised-indoor-events-and-mass-gatherings
Ref 2: https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/covid19/living_with_covid19_plan.html#